Information Security Policy
Effective from 7th September, 2005
Amended on 1st October, 2013
- 1.Approach toward Information Security
- Mitsui recognizes the importance of information security, and shall implement appropriate management of information assets, including information and ICT assets, for the purpose of timely and effective use of information in compliance with "Mitsui & Co., Ltd. Corporate Governance and Internal Control Principles", while striving to continuously improve such management on a global and group-wide basis.
- 2.Compliance with Regulations (Establishing Compliance)
- Mitsui shall comply with regulations, established standards, and other codes related to information security, and shall work towards the establishment and maintenance of compliant and suitable information security.
- 3.Protection of Information Assets
- Mitsui shall implement appropriate management for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets, and work to protect its information assets from all possible threats.
- 4.Response to Accidents
- While working to prevent the occurrence of any accidents related to information security, in the unlikely event of an accident, Mitsui shall promptly take appropriate response measures including preventative steps against the reoccurrence of such an accident.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Mitsui & Co., Ltd.