Over the course of Mitsui & Co.'s history, we have followed a mission of providing essential products and services around the world. In serving this mission, we have connected nations and regions, people, businesses, technology and ideas to create new value.
From 1947 to the 1950s
- Daiichi Bussan Kaisha, Ltd. established
- Daiichi Bussan Kaisha, Ltd. established a Singapore branch
- Daiichi Bussan Kaisha, Ltd. integrated with other trading companies (Mitsui & Co.'s great amalgamation) and changed its name to Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
* Photo : A view inside Daiichi Bussan
- Transfer of Business of Kinoshita Sansho & Co., Ltd.
- Established Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc.
* Photo : The Head Office building in the 1960s (Nishi-Shimbashi)
1970s and 1980s
- Ohtemachi Head Office building completed. Head Office moved from Nishi-Shimbashi, Minato Ward to Ohtemachi, Chiyoda Ward
- Established Mitsui & Co. Europe PLC
* Photo : The former Head Office building (Ohtemachi)
2016s and Beyond
- Construction of new Ohtemachi Head Office building commenced (a large-scale integrated development project abbreviated as ‘OH-1 Plan’. Scheduled for completion in 2020.
* Photo : An exterior rendering of the new Head Office Building in Ohtemachi, scheduled for completion in 2020